Friday, September 9, 2011

Abundance!






















Look what happens if you're too busy crocheting and it's actually harvesting time.  The zucchinis were huge and I gathered tons of tomatoes.  Luckily these tomatoes were just perfect for making sun dried, or in my case, oven dried tomatoes.




















So I sprinkled some sea salt on them and let them bake in the oven for 8 hours on very low temperature and with the door a little bit open.























And finally I poured some very good olive oil over them.  So now I can enjoy the taste of summer whenever I feel like it!!

3 comments:

  1. The oven-dried tomatoes look delicious!!
    You are so lucky with such beautiful garden full of fruit and vegetables.

    ps. can you give me the recipe of the Turkish cake that you baked on Wednesday? MMmmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks delicious. I never thought of making sun dried tomatoes. So clever you are ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those look so good! Thank you for your kind words regarding my soaps. If you are interested, I can find out the cost of shipping (approximately) and let you know. I will have several new soaps at the beginning of October. Also, I am now holding a contest on my blog for a bar of soap so who knows? Maybe I will be shipping you a bar of soap.

    ReplyDelete