Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chocolate pie


 
















It was so cold and grey this weekend that it almost felt like winter.  We lit the fireplace for the first time this autumn.  It felt so cozy.  And because we have so many walnuts this year and I had a craving for chocolate I decided to make a chocolate pie with nuts.  I have a great easy recipe for it and we ate it lukewarm with of course a great cup of cappuccino for me and my husband and some hot chocolate for the kids.  It was the perfect weather for this rich pie!

To make this pie, you need 350 grams (12 ounces) of milk chocolate, 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of butter, 5 eggs, 100 grams of chopped walnuts and 225 grams (7.9 ounces) of cane sugar, 1 tablespoon of coffee and 3 tablespoons of cacao powder. First melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat, whisking constantly until smooth.  Mix the eggs with the sugar, coffee and cacao powder, add the walnuts and the melted chocolate.  Grease and flour a pie plate, pour batter into it and bake it for about 40 minutes on 180 degrees (350 degrees fahrenheit).  It's done when it is still a bit moist on the inside.  You can eat it cold or lukewarm. 


I hope this will get you through all the grey days that we'll probably be having some more this autumn.  Try it and enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm!!

    You and this delicious cake are very very welcome to our craftgroup in 2 weeks ;)
    but if I can't wait for so long I definately will try your recipe myself.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... Hope your cappuchino was great!! I am going to make one myself too :) and hopefully we soon can have one together!

    xx Dana

    ReplyDelete