Monday, January 2, 2012

Freshly baked cakes and brownies




















For christmas I bought my teenage girls each a cookbook.  They both love baking.  So this holiday we are often spoiled with delicious and freshly baked cookies and muffins.  Our house smells wonderfully cozy when they are busy in the kitchen and they even clean up afterwards.  Yesterday they made brownies and little cakes with sundried tomatoes and black olives.  The cakes were made in small silicone loaf pans that came with one of the cookbooks, easy to use and so much more fun to look at. 

I really loved the little savoury cakes. For everyone who likes to try it, here is the recipe:

  • 2 eggs
  • 7 cl olive oil
  • 7 cl milk
  • 120 g flour
  • 70 g grated Gruyère
  • 1/2 package of baking powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 100 g sundried tomatoes cut in pieces
  • 100 g black olives without the seed and sliced
You mix everything together and use some of the olive slices to decorate on top. For these small cakes, you only have to bake them for half an hour in a preheated oven of 180 degrees celsius.
Enjoy!!


I'd like to wish all of you a wonderful 2012 with lots of
love, laughter, warmth, good health, joy, happiness and creativity!


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until my girls can make me cakes. You are a lucky mummy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same ... lucky you!
    Maybe your girls want to bake every now and then for our Wednesdays? ;))

    X
    Happy New Year to you all!!

    ReplyDelete